Friday, March 25, 2011

Rainstorm

The rain has been relentless. In Arcata, you get used to the rain. An umbrella or poncho can be found in every locker, office, purse, apartment, and automobile in Humboldt County. North Coast rain loves the wind and rarely drops in without it.

I’m watching this love affair from my window. It’s warm and dry under covers. Hot coffee by my side. It's freaking pouring out there. I’ve lived in Arcata for three years and can’t remember rain like this. Serious storms give me butterflies. Thunder and lightning pull me closer to god than sunshine ever did. I’m ready to get out there - ready to lace up my shoes and run. I'm not interested in staying dry under the redwood canopy. I want the marsh, the bay, the heart of this storm. Give me your worst, Weather. Wash away my worries like a baptism from hell. 


1 comment: