Friday, March 25, 2011

Aleutian Geese: Till Next Time

So you left Humboldt to nest in Alaska a little early this year?  You didn't see this storm coming, did you?  Is it a little chilly up there? Why did you leave so early?  Did you pick up on the bad vibes?  Did you hear about how Humboldt farmers are tired of you eating up to 50% of their annual grass production?  Did you hear how Humboldt hunters just received the green light to hunt you through the spring?  I'll see you around, Aleutian geese.  You'll know it's me.  I'll be wearing an orange vest and carrying a boom stick.


P.S.  I'm not impressed by your migration.  When it gets too warm in California you leave for Alaska, flying over pristine shores.  What should take you a few weeks takes you months.  Why?   Because you stop every half hour at the finest rivers, lakes, and ponds in North America.  You rest and have sex. You play and bully humans.  Give me a break.  Migration or vacation?


No comments:

Post a Comment