Monday, February 21, 2011

Safeway Select Sandwiches

There is only one Safeway employee in Arcata whom I truly trust with my sandwich order. Nothing makes me happier than walking in for a sandwich and seeing her behind the deli. I walk up and order. She is happy and shy, as always. Nerdy in an unattractive way. While waiting, I sample the soups of the day. It’s tomato bisque and potato & bacon. Perfect. She slides my panini into her oven and offers me a slice of pizza – a promotion for Safeway’s own brand. She helps another customer until she hears her oven’s timer go off. She immediately drops what she’s doing and pulls the sandwich out before the bread over cooks. She remembers to cut it in half. She wraps it and rings me up right there at the deli so I won’t have to stand in line. I pay with my card and the register shoots open. It’s a coupon for a free sandwich. 



 Perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment