Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hello Folks.

Hello Folks.  My name is Travis but you can call me Sir.  I am 26 years old.  I have survived birth, puberty, high school, and college.  I’ve hiked mountains, crossed deserts, and swam the Pacific.  My body is strong.  Marathons do not intimidate me.  I am funny too.  (no joke). 

I have loved with all my heart and paid the price.  The road to page 26 has been arduous, to say the least - riddled with pot holes & speed bumps, hitch hikers, highway patrol and road kill.  I drove it.  I walked it.  I swam, flew, climbed, and crawled my way to today. 

Where did I arrive you ask? Humboldt County, CA.  The land of redwoods and marijuana.  Hipsters and hillbillies.  Pristine rivers and rugged shores. 

I’d guess a third of my life has passed.  Nevertheless, I’m still captain.  My compass is still trustworthy and true.  I do not doubt it.  I have followed it through San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Colorado, Central America, the Pacific Crest Trail and Arcata.  I am 26 years old.  My dreams have changed.  I now dream of being a father.  Waking up in a home I own and cooking breakfast for the wife I adore.  My compass has changed direction.  It is trying to send me home.   





No comments:

Post a Comment