Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Heat

Without shade, fans, air conditioning, cold showers, rivers, lakes, iced beverages or popsicles, I'd dread the summer like surgery.  I don't do well in the heat.  It sucks the life out of me.  Interrogate me in a small hot room without water and I'd break in ten, twenty minutes.  Nothing agitates me more than long lines, traffic and run-on conversations while blasted by heat.  My version of heaven isn't the same as the bible's but the book sure nailed hell on the head.  Those folks that seem unaffected by the heat amaze me - like this fellow from the Far Side:



2 comments:

  1. hey T-

    I felt for you guys at Rucker Lake a day or two ago- it musta been FREEZING early in the AM up there! because it's cold enough down here, I like opening the house up at 6 for the cool breezes but- is this really July?- it's presently too chilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice up there. The water was warm but the breeze was chilly. Jump in, jump out, dry off and throw on a sweater. Great food, great company. Fishing, kayaks and bocce ball. A large fire surrounded by chairs.

    ReplyDelete