Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yard Sale Haggling - Ashland, OR

At a yard sale this morning
a pregnant woman wearing standard hippie attire 
intensely haggled over numerous items:

The owner wanted $5 for the lamp.  She brought him down to $2.  
$10 for the dresser? She brought him down to $7.
Fifty cents for the bubbles? She bought it for ten.

"How much for the chair?" she asked. 
"Whatever you think is fair." he replied (clearly frustrated). 
"$5" she answered. 

I pull a driver out of a golf bag
turn towards her and ask her
"How much for the 3 wood?"

2 comments:

  1. I must be a charter member of DENSA because I read this comedy three times & I still don't get it! help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owner got sick of haggling with the hippie woman and told her to just price the chair as she pleased - so she did, declaring she will pay $5 for it.

    Upon hearing that, I turned towards the haggling hippie (who was clearly in charge at this point) and asked her for the price of golf club rather than the owner. I liked her prices better. It was a shot at both of them.

    Eh?

    ReplyDelete